Just how well does that 13 footer turn ?

. .. . very easy to turn, here are some quotes from those who have ridden the board:

"I managed this session to find the "sweet spot" further back toward the tail on which the board pivots with amazing ease and the thing just magically finds the pocket almost on its own."

. .. . R.G. nzxsports.com







"upon opening my eyes I noticed I was around the section and still going, one step back and into a cutback, surprise again this board can turn!"
. . Homer nzxsports.com



"I was having my doubts before I caught my first wave about how well it would turn but they were put to rest once I got a wave, once on the move it seems to turn easy enough just not as tight a turning circle as what you might be used to on a short board but easy enough . . this board is just too easy I reckon, id say that its definitely something you’d want in your quiver because its rideable in a wide variation of conditions"

Hunty nzxsports.com




Just seems so easy to control and it was nice racing out to the shoulder then dropping one foot back to turn back into the pocket, line it back up to the shoulder feet together and cruise again. Also its a lovely feeling turning the board up to the top off the wave so that you almost hang up in the lip and stall, and then "swoop" back down the face

Hunty nzxsports.com

"the board started to show me bit by bit little subtleties that it could do, one of which most impressed me. Again I was on a wave heading for thompson flying along the face, immediately taking evasive action crouching down into a rail grab. Before I had even realised it the board was swinging into a nice slow wide arched turn burying the tail into the wave and going a full 180 deg before accelerating along the blue again toward the breaking wave. This I did not expect at all and was very impressed with. I couldn't help but think how much I liked this board, it just has its own special vibe and style. Even just sitting out the back admiring its perfect lines and curves, the craftsmanship is just amazing. I would love to own one "

Hunty


Here's a video of the first few waves on the board :



it's an incredibly loose board for its size, my friend Sean Bolt rode the 12 foot version ( which is even more maneuverable) was amazed at its turning ability and afterwards commented that "It's looser than my 6 foot thruster" .