7'2" Takayama egg - Surftech


Size:7'2" X 21 1/4" X 2 3/8"


This board comes with a fin box and side bites. Its a surftech, so its quite stiff but very tough. Given that it was second hand there was not a mark on it. I was very surprised by the weight of the board. It felt like it was even heavier than a Polyurethane/Polyester of the same size.


The rails are quite pinched and its a pretty thin board for its length at 2 3/8" thick. Although I persevered with it for 6/7 session, I never got into it. It was crap at catching waves and turned like a dog. I spoke to others and they had the same issues with the board. I think it could benefit from boxy rails and 3/8" of thickness. But who am I to second guess Donald Takayama!


I would not recommend this board , nor would my friends who have ridden it.

NOTE: Please read the comments below, my review seems to be out of kilter with everyone elses view. Perhaps the one I had was a dog.


Rating: 1/5