Olo of the Sun 19 foot surfboard



Introducing the latest project: The 19 foot Sun Board Olo



At 19 feet I'll be able to stow the paddle when necessary so that I can prone paddle and have my hands free to control the board, this will mean that I can paddle out and still roll the board under the whitewater then pull out the SUP paddle once out the back.



I'll add lifeboat style hemp rope grips at the nose, and two sets at strategic spots down the rail.



It will be a real Olo sized surfboard, man I'm really stoked now so some pictures will be posted soon. I have top make the rocker jig ( 19 feet ! ) and am still finalising the rocker as it's a delicate balance between getting enough rocker for surfing and keeping the rocker low enough to keep most of the board's planshape in the water when paddling. So I have to calculate not just the volume of the board but the displacement at the maximum waterline. There's a bit of number crunching involved.



For anyone who is interested in owning a Sun Board the price is US$40k including a custom Surftubes board bag with lots of handles.



Stay tuned !