Randy Rarick and Bernie A talk about the 13 footer Hawaii challenge

Bernie is a really decent and honest person, and has plenty of Aloha. As for Randy, he has stated publicly that Aloha is his creed and that he inherited this way of life from Duke Kahanomoku. What I'm saying is that I know that both Randy and Bernie mean well and are generously offering to help with the pipeline project.So here is a post by Bernie on Swaylocks regarding the proposed Hawaii 13 footer challenge. It's not the first time that he has alerted me to the fact that the 'boys' are in his opinion almost certainly going to destroy the board. He knows them personally, so I'm listening.I have to wonder why he's so adamant that they will wreck the board. .. . after all even though the Hawaiian waves are very powerful plenty of boards have survived the experience. For example the surfboard which was used in the movie 'singlefin yellow' didn't break, and neither did the red board which Shaum Tomson surfed for through 5 consecutive North Shore winters in the 70's. . . . . so it seems clear to me that it's not normal wear and tear that Bernie is talking about, it's something more sinister, particularly when added to the threat made by 'Otay' from surftech.Here's Bernie: " I ran into Randy Rarrick on the way home from a business conference at the Las Vegas airport and asked him about the whole Roy-Board project. He confirmed that its on and will be in Hawaii around October. He said it was very expensive for Roy to ship it by boat to Hawaii but Roy was commiitted to doing it. I gave him my card and asked if he could let me know when it gets ridden so I could watch and video it. Plus Roy said I could give it a go before someone broke it in half here which is its mostly end if you know the "Boys". I think Randy was taken a back that someone out of the blue would bring up the whole thing especially a "suit". It did seem apparant that it wasn't on the top of his mind although he though it was a neat project similar to the Yellow Single Fin Project awhile back. Roy is out there at times like any anyone living at the edge of life, but speaking as a former student of Physical Oceanography in regards to his understanding of hydrodynamics and ocean waves physics he's spot on. His design reminds me of the perfect shape we looked at the design of high speed underwater torpedos for the naval warfare lab in seattle back in the 70's.".