Eduard, Prince of Wales

Eduard, Prince of Wales, visited Waikiki in 1920.  The Kahanamoku brothers taught him to surf, and David let me use his board for 3 Days, well, the story is that Duke told him "Brah, you can use Kavika" for surf riding.
The British Surfing Museum has commissioned me to make a board for them that commemorates that day, and here is the first coat of oil on the board.  I used an actual photograph of the Prince riding a wave in Waikiki, and with some computer art tools, placed him on a very nice Queen's surf grinder!

I tried to make it exciting for his highness to let him be on his own "Wave of the Day!".  The museum plans to use this board in some of its events at the beaches of England,  letting the people of the UK try their luck at historical surfing first hand.  I hope that Prince William will get a chance to ride it too, wouldn't that be so cool?




I am so proud to help continue to spread Hawaii's Aloha the way Duke did, in making surfboards and letting people ride them.