hank

My vintage board collection first started via my hunts for jazz and other lps at car boot sales, with friendly competition from Myles and Nick. Whenever I saw an old board I thought - why not, although holding it may hamper carrying lps. Boards back then were cheap - if someone was asking for more than £40 it spun me out and I walked away. Bit by bit the boards grew and I started surfing them more than my modern shortboards, and when I found a wide Freedom dark blue singlefin by Bobby Male that was it - love at first ride.So thanks to Hank and others for kick starting the board habit. I remember one day at the boot buying a british jazz lp by Tubby Hayes in a box labelled 'rare jazz' for £4, and ebaying it to a Japenese gentleman for £560 , funding a few more old boards. I still see the old guy I bought it off and still feel the guilt.